Moventia, in motion since 1923
Moventia is a family business that was set up in 1923 and currently run by the family’s third generation, with the fourth generation having joined recently.
Moventia, with our two main business units: Movento and Moventis, we offer a response to the mobility needs of individuals and organisations via a global and complementary offer in the field of transportation and the automotive industry, anticipating new habits and basing ourselves on dynamic, innovative and sustainable products and services, and introducing new technologies for the development of our activities.
- Moventia transports more than 104 million passengers per year, with a fleet of 950 buses, 41 tramways and 2,750 employees.
- Barcelona Tramway: 24 million passengers in 2014, with 41 trams, 2 depots and 190 employees.
- 90 urban bus lines within 17 cities and 86 intercity lines connecting 170 cities.
- Regular express bus service connecting Barcelona airport and City Center as well as airport inter terminal service.
- Barcelona Tourist bus service: 3 lines, 40 double decker buses.
- Barcelona disabled people contract with special transport service with adapted vehicles.